|Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program
(Please note: this C-NRPP WEBPAGE is contained within the existing NRPP Website. The links you should be referring to for C-NRPP are contained within the pale grey background of this page, not links in the surrounding boxes, and above tabs.)
The National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) has been working in co-operation with Health Canada to set up a new Canadian radon Certification program for radon professionals and analytical laboratories. The new program is known as the Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program (C-NRPP), and its requirements are mainly based on Canadian radon guidance. AARST and NRPP have been working with radon professionals at the Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists, as well as experienced educators and technical resources within our organization and at Health Canada, to make this transition as smooth as possible. AARST and C-NRPP have formed a cooperative partnership to consolidate industry resources and save lives.
C-NRPP office: 800-269-4174
Getting your C-NRPP Certificate
Below are details on how to upgrade to the C-NRPP certificate or how to become a newly certified professional.
- C-NRPP Application for Certification This application is a basic form to provide C-NRPP with information necessary to finalize your certification and provide you with an opportunity to apply for membership with the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST).
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Dual Certifications C-NRPP & NRPP If you wish to work internationally (in the United States and Canada), you will be requested to maintain both C-NRPP and NRPP status, these are seperate applications, requirements and fess (as well as any appropriate State or Provincial licenses that are required for your business).
For New Professionals Seeking the C-NRPP Certification
C-NRPP measurement and mitigation entry level exams are available in both French and English in paper-and-pencil format, online exams will be available as soon as possible. Canadian Exams are based on Canadian guidance, requirements and conditions, where these differ from those in the United States. We encourage all new entries into the radon profession in Canada who are seeking a C-NRPP certificate to take entry level courses from trainers offering the new C-NRPP exam. Please note the process of taking and passing exams does not automatically mean you are certified. To become fully certified you must also apply to the C-NRPP Program
- List of Canadian Course Providers
- Training Material: Following is a list of protocols/guides for mitigation training material. These Health Canada guides maybe circulated in advance as reference material to participants, for both Measurement and Mitigation.
- Measurement Protocols
Health Canada Guide for Radon Measurements in Residential dwellings (Homes)
- Mitigation Protocols
Reducing Radon Levels in existing homes: A Canadian Guide for Professional Contractors.
Knowledge on the ASTM Standards: ASTM International E-1465 and ASTM International E -2121.
- Quality Assurance
EPA Guidance on Quality Assurance 402 R-95-012 , October 1997.
- Health Canada (add’l reference materials)
To prepare for the C-NRPP exam include, Health Canada radon publication brochures report, listed below:
Radon public brochure
Radon: What you need to know
Radon brochure for Health Professionals
Radon its your health
C-NRPP Quality Assurance (QA) Requirements
The Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program requires that all measurement professionals and laboratories that provide radon analytical services develop and maintain a Quality Assurance plan and take the necessary quality assurance steps to adhere to QA guidelines developed by the NRPP and further developed and modified by Health Canada.
*All measurement professionals are expected to have and maintain and follow a plan.
C-NRPP Recommended QA Plan
a. QA Document
b Templates may be obtained by contacting email@example.com
C-NRPP Approved Radon Measurement Devices
a. Device List
Renewing Your C-NRPP Certification
- For professionals whose C-NRPP Certification which is due to expire, will normally be contacted by the C-NRPP Administrative Office prior to your expiration with instructions pertaining to qualified CE’s and a renewal form with instructions for renewing in a timely manner.
- For professionals whose C-NRPP Certification which is currently expired, the C-NRPP Administrative Office is working on a one-on-one basis to assist these professionals get their certifications current. If the Office has not yet contacted you, please feel free to contact
SOON TO BE LISTED IN THIS SECTION:
a. Links for acceptable courses.
b. Listings of the Types of acceptable CEs, meetings and public outreach which qualify. email:
C-NRPP office: 800-269-4174
Consumers are encouraged to educate themselves about the harmful effects of radon gas, as well as the methodologies used to measure and reduce radon levels within their living environments. Important information may be found on Health Canada’s website
The Lung Association also has information.
Consumers Click Here for more information about The Canadian-National Radon Proficiency Program the US National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) and the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST)